2020-2021 Incoming Freshman Scholarship
Scholarship criteria is reviewed each year and subject to change. Scholarships described here are for 2020-21.
All renewable scholarships are based on the recipient meeting the University’s Scholarship Renewal Requirements.
Full Tuition Scholarships
Laker Gold Scholarship
- Value: Full Tuition up to 16 credits per semester, inclusive of other LSSU awards, renewable. Up to three scholarships will be awarded each year through the Lake Gold Competition.
- Criteria: must meet Board of Trustees Distinguished Scholarship criteria, must have applied for admission to be invited to attend the annual competition and respond by invitation date.
Philip A Hart Scholarship
- Value: Full tuition up to 16 credits per semester
- Criteria: Must be a Michigan resident with a minimum 3.0 GPA Student will be invited to apply by November 15.
- Phil Hart Application
Board of Trustees Scholarships
Alumni Legacy Award
- Value: $1,000
- Critera: Must be a child or stepchild of an LSSU alumnus entering as a freshman. Must submit a certification form.
- Value: $2,000-Renewable for 2 years
- Awarded to students from select rural high schools. For a complete listing of schools visit http://lssu.edu/scholarships
First Generation Award
- Value: $1,000-Renewable for 2 years
- Recipients are incoming first generation college students. Award may not be combined with any Board of Trustee Scholarship.