2019-2020 Incoming Freshman Scholarship
Scholarship criteria is reviewed each year and subject to change. Scholarships described here are for 2019-20.
Eligibility is automatically evaluated by the Financial Aid Office for all students admitted by May 1st for the following academic year.
All recipients in this section are selected by the Financial Aid Committee and may choose any degree curriculum offered by the University. Students must be citizens of the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
Scholarships are awarded based on a point scale. 50% weight is given to the overall high school GPA and 50% is based on the highest SAT or ACT composite score received by May 1st.
All renewable scholarships are based on the recipient meeting the University’s Scholarship Renewal Requirements.
Laker Gold Scholarship
- Value: Full Tuition up to 17 credits per semester, inclusive of other LSSU awards, renewable. Up to three scholarships will be awarded each year through the Lake Gold Competition.
- Criteria: must meet Board of Trustees Distinguished Scholarship criteria, must have applied for admission to be invited to attend the annual competition and respond by invitation date.
Board of Trustees Distinguished Scholarship
- Value: up to $6,000 per year ($5,000 + $1,000 if Room & Board) – renewable
- Criteria: merit based; minimum points 190 (example: 3.80 GPA and 1360 SAT or 30 ACT)
Board of Trustees Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Value: up to $4,000 per year ($3,000 + $1,000 if Room & Board) – renewable
- Criteria: merit based; 168.50 – 189.99 points (example 3.50 GPA and 1200 SAT or 25 ACT)
Board of Trustees Academic Honors Scholarship
- Value: up to $3,000 per year ($2,000 + $1,000 if Room & Board) – renewable
- Criteria: merit based; 151.00 – 168.49 points (example: 3.20 GPA and 1130 SAT or 23 ACT)
Board of Trustees Academic Recognition Scholarship
- Value: up to $2,000 per year ($1,000 + $1,000 if Room & Board) – renewable
- Criteria: merit based; 129.00 – 150.99 points (example: 3.00 GPA and 1030 SAT or 20 ACT)
Board of Trustees Laker International Scholarship for Incoming Freshmen
- Value: up to $3,000 per year – renewable
- Criteria: merit based; 1200 or higher SAT or 24 or higher ACT
Note: The Board of Trustees Scholarships are determined by a total point value that is based on your GPA and ACT/SAT score, but a minimum GPA of 3.0 and 1030 SAT or ACT of 20 is required to be considered.