2019-2020 Transfer Student Scholarship
Eligibility is determined by the Financial Aid Office for all students admitted by May 1st for the following fall semester or December 1st for spring semester.
Scholarship criteria is reviewed each year and subject to change. Scholarships are described here as awarded for 2019-20.
Eligibility for renewal is based on number of attempted credits prior to LSSU and provided the recipient meets the University’s Scholarship Renewal Criteria:
- Senior (88+ credits) = Two semesters of eligibility
- Junior (56-87 credits) = Four semesters of eligibility
- Freshman/Sophomore (12-56 credits) = Six semesters of eligibility
The eligible student must be entering LSSU for the first time directly from another college (students sitting out more than one semester are not eligible for scholarship consideration) as a full-time student. Awards are based on the cumulative GPA earned at all schools prior to start of the first LSSU semester, with a minimum of 12 earned college credits and a maximum of 124 attempted college credits at any combination of other accredited schools.
If the transfer student has less than 12 earned credits at time of admission (prior to May 1st), official transcripts are required by July 1st for scholarship consideration for the following academic year.
*Students who have taken LSSU classes prior to admission as a full-time student (such as transfer students from Sault College), must have earned a minimum LSSU cumulative GPA comparable to the minimum needed for the transfer scholarship.
Board of Trustees Distinguished Transfer Scholarship
- Value: up to $4,000 per year ($3,000 + $1,000 if Room & Board)
- Criteria: merit based; earned cumulative GPA of 3.8 or higher
Board of Trustees Academic Excellence Transfer Scholarship
- Value: up to $3,000 per year ($2,000 + $1,000 if Room & Board)
- Criteria: merit based; earned cumulative GPA of 3.5-3.79
Board of Trustees Academic Honors Transfer Scholarship
- Value: up to $2,000 per year ($1,000 + $1,000 if Room & Board)
- Criteria: merit based; earned cumulative GPA of 3.0-3.49
ΦΘK (Phi Theta Kappa) Scholarship
- Value: $1,000 per year
- Criteria: must be a certified member of Phi Theta Kappa; earned cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
*Student must submit proof of membership before beginning attendance at LSSU.