2020-2021 Transfer Student Scholarships
The eligible student must be entering LSSU for the first time directly from another college (students sitting out more than one semester are not eligible for scholarship consideration) as a full-time student. Awards are based on the cumulative GPA earned at all schools prior to start of the first LSSU semester, with a minimum of 12 earned college credits and a maximum of 124 attempted college credits at any combination of other accredited schools.
Eligibility for renewal is based on number of attempted credits prior to LSSU and provided the recipient meets the University’s Scholarship Renewal Criteria:
- Senior (88+ credits) = Two semesters of eligibility
- Junior (56-87 credits) = Four semesters of eligibility
- Freshman/Sophomore (12-56 credits) = Six semesters of eligibility
Scholarship criteria is reviewed each year and subject to change. Scholarships are described here as awarded for 2020-21.
*Students who have taken LSSU classes prior to admission as a full-time student (such as transfer students from Sault College), must have earned a minimum LSSU cumulative GPA comparable to the minimum needed for the transfer scholarship.
Full Tuition Scholarship
Phil Hart Memorial Scholarship
- Value: Full tuition up to 16 credits per semester
- Criteria: Must be a Michigan resident with a minimum 3.0 GPA. Student must be transferring from another Michigan college or university. Student will be invited to apply by November 15.
- Phil Hart Application
Board of Trustee Scholarships
- Value: $1,000-renewable for 2 years
- Criteria: Awarded to re-admitted and transfer students who meet certain criteria. Please visit lssu.edu/scholarships for more details.
Phi Tehta Kappa Scholarship
- Value $2,000
- Criteria: Members transferring directly to LSSU with a minimum of 3.5 cumulative transfer GPA. Must submit proof of membership.