2022-2023 Transfer Student Scholarships
Eligible student must be entering LSSU for the first time as a full-student (12 credit hours or more). Students who have not attended a college/university for two or more years are not eligible for scholarship consideration. Awards are based on the cumulative GPA earned at all schools prior to start of the first LSSU semester, with a minimum of 12 earned college credits and a maximum of 124 transferred college credits at any combination of other accredited schools.
Eligibility for renewal is based on number of transferred credits prior to LSSU and provided the recipient meets the University’s Scholarship Renewal Criteria.
- Senior (88+ credits) = two semesters of eligibility
- Junior (56-87 credits) = four semesters of eligibility
- Freshman/Sophomore (12-56 credits) = six semesters of eligibility
Scholarship criteria is reviewed each year and subject to change. Scholarships are described here as awarded for 2022-23.
Full Tuition Scholarship
Board of Trustee Scholarships
- Value: $1,000-renewable for one additional year
- Criteria: Awarded to re-admitted and transfer students
- Re-admitted students with a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Transfer students who have 1-11 credits
- FAFSA must be filed
- Value: $2,000-renewable for one additional year
- Awarded to students from select rural high schools. For a complete listing of schools, visit http://lssu.edu/scholarships.
- Students must be living on campus. FAFSA must be filed
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
- Value: $1,000
- Criteria: Members transferring directly to LSSU with a minimum 3.5 cumulative transfer GPA. Must submit proof of membership.