7th Annual LSSU War Memorial Women's Walk
Saturday, August 29, 2015
Norris Center Student Activity Center
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
Lake Superior State University War Memorial Women’s Walk features teams of
walkers raising money by
collecting pledges and donations from family,
friends and community members. To date, over $272,000 has been raised in support of women's athletics at LSSU! Participants take part in a walk/run around the campus of LSSU and, new this year, can also take part in a 5K run/walk. This visible show of support is the premier fund-raising events for LSSU Women's athletics.
Your participation in the Women’s Walk helps ensure that our female student-athletes continue to strive for excellence in the classroom, on the playing field and in our community. You can register to walk online, download a
form to mail in or donate directly to the program of your choice.
New this year! The Women's Walk will also feature a 5K Race. Please register online for the race. Click here for the registration form. As a courtesy to our 5K runners/walkers, Kids Kare will be available to you throughout the race. Athletic coaching staff will look after your children for the duration of the race so you can run your best time ever. Kids Kare opens at 11:00 a.m. on race day.
Schedule of Events
- 8:30-9:00 a.m. Check-in at Norris Athletic Center
- 9:20 a.m. Group Photo
- 9:30 a.m. Walk Begins
- 10:00-10:15 a.m. Raffle Drawings and Minute to Win It Games begin
- 11:00 a.m. “Golden Ticket” Winners announced; Kids Kare opens for drop-off
- 11:15 a.m. Conclusion of Women’s Walk
- 11:30 a.m. Women’s Walk 5K race begins
- 12:15 p.m. 5K race awards ceremony
*Those who walk and donate will receive:
- $30-$50 Dri-fit t-shirt and 1 ticket to win a prize
- $51-$100 Dri-fit t-shirt and 2 tickets to win a prize
- $101-$150 Dri-fit t-shirt and 3 tickets to win a prize
- $151-$200 Dri-fit t-shirt and 4 tickets to win a prize
- $201+ Dri-fit t-shirt and 5 tickets to win a prize
If you cannot make it to the Women's Walk event, please feel free to make a gift to the program of your choice using the online giving form found here.
*As a walker at the event, your donation is not tax deductible.