The Fund for LSSU - Giving You a Reason to Give
The 2016 grant application is now open!
The Fund for LSSU uses annual gifts to LSSU to address the university’s areas of greatest need and opportunity.
Through a grant process, students can apply to use funds from the Fund for LSSU for projects that support or enhance education and the student experience at LSSU. The projects must fall under one of the four pillars: philanthropy, infrastructure, enrollment, and student professional development.
The 2015 grant recipients are (Applicant name - project name):
- Lucas Bradburn - Eastern Fish Health Conference
- Trace Hill - Automate 2015
- Chemistry Program - Electrophoresis Suite
- LSSU Investment Club - 2015 G.A.M.E. Forum
- NURS 325 - "Community Baby Shower"
- Shellie Masters - AMA International Collegiate Conference
- Ashley Moerke - Study Abroad in Belize
- Gislaine Peters - Piping Plover Conservation
- LSSU Psychology Department - MI Undergrad Psychology Research Conference
- Society of Women Engineers - 2014 National Conference
- Student Athletic Training Association - GLATA Annual Symposium
- Superior AquaSystems - Advancing Aquaculture in Michigan
In the 2014 pilot year of the Fund for LSSU grant process, nine student-focused projects were fully or partially funded. Read about their successful projects by clicking on the links below:
- Angela Gordon - Exposing Ecosystems through Education and Photography
- Chemistry Department - BAS Epsilon electrochemical analyzer
- Lake State Student Nurses' Association - National Student Nurses Association Annual Conference
- LSSU Accounting Club - IMA Student Conference
- LSSU Investment Club - 2014 G.A.M.E. Forum in New York City
- LSSU Microbiology Club - ASM-MI Spring Meeting
- LSSU Regional Outdoor Center - Equipment inventory development
- RECS 365 Class - Class Excursion
- William Bernier - Current status and trends of mercury contamination in Lake Whitefish