Living on campus at Lake Superior State University, you'll have the chance to make long-lasting friendships and to become involved in a wide variety of University activities. Freshmen and sophomore students are required to live on campus. Though not required, juniors and seniors may choose to live on campus, too.
||Dates of Interest
Spring Semester 2014
- Last meal for semester: Friday, May 2, 2014 - Dinner
- Campus Housing Closes: Saturday, May 3, 2014 – 4:00 p.m.
Summer Semester 2014
- Campus Housing Opens: Monday, May 12, 2014
- Campus Housing Closes: Saturday, August 2, 2014
Fall Semester 2014
- New & Transfer Student Check In: 8/20/14, 8:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Returning Student Check In: 8/21/14 - 8/22/14, 8:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Returning Student Check In: 8/23/14, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Returning Student Check In: 8/24/14, 12:00 am to 4:00 pm
Spring Semester 2015
- Campus Housing Opens: Friday, January 9, 2015 – 12:00 p.m.
- First Meal: Sunday, January 11, 2015 - Dinner
- Last meal prior to spring break: Friday, February 27, 2015 - Dinner
- Campus Housing Closes (Spring Break): Saturday, February 28, 2015 – 10:00 a.m.
- Halls Open: Friday, March 6, 2015 – 12:00 p.m.
- First meal after spring break: Sunday, March 8, 2015 - Dinner
- Last meal for semester: Friday, May 1, 2015 - Dinner
- Campus Housing Closes: Saturday, May 2, 2015 – 4:00 p.m.
||Why should you live on campus?
Seamore Shuttle is available all weekend long!
Our mission is to provide an enjoyable and memorable living experience to Lake Superior State University. In order to offer a cohesive living and learning environment, we maintain high behavioral standards of all students. We strive to uphold a sense of community while giving individualized attention to all on-campus residents.
Digital Cable Changeover!
Click picture above for more details.
||NEW STUDENT INFORMATION
Please ensure that we receive your housing application and $300 advanced room
and board payment before June 1st for priority consideration.
We will begin finalizing residence hall assignments in the first week June 2014
You will receive your assignment letter soon after.
Your assignment letter will include your new residence and roommate
information for the upcoming semester. We will continue finalizing assignments
on a weekly basis until check-in.
In mid-July 2014 you will receive a Contract Letter that will include your
Residence Hall and Dining Service Contract in addition to other helpful
information regarding checking into housing.
Do not hesitate to contact the Campus Life and Housing Office at
(906) 635-2411 with any questions
Welcome to Lake Superior State University, Laker On!
Resident Hall Items
Frequently Asked Questions
The Navigator (Housing Handbook) (pdf)
Need help finding extra-long sheets? We can help - click here for information on Residence Hall Linens!
*Please note that this is not the only place to buy your linens for our extra long mattresses, but this is a great place to start!
Just in case your family is visiting in the area this helpful webpage will give you information on hotels in the area that offer discounts for LSSU students and their families.
Housing Brochure (pdf)
Get Involved Guide (interactive)
Please click the logo above for more information on the Seamore Shuttle.