The former Fort Brady barracks is now a first year students residence hall with a maximum capacity of 196. A study lounge, mailboxes, laundry room, kitchen, game room, and recreation room are located in Brady Hall for students’ use. Brady Hall is also home to the offices for LSSU’s federally-funded Upward Bound program. The building is named after the Fort’s commander, Colonel Hugh Brady.
Brady Hall is comprised of single, double, and quadruple rooms. The beds, dressers, and desks are included. All beds are 80″ and use extra long sheets.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- All residence halls are tobacco free.
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among residents within their own hall.
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among nonresident guests within a limited length of stay of three (3) nights with approval from roommate(s).
- Nonresident guests must be escorted at all times.
- Quiet Hours and Exterior Lock Up:
- Sunday – Thursday: 10 pm to 10 am
- Friday and Saturday: Midnight to 10 am
Hall Mailing Address
Packages can be shipped through the U.S. Postal Service, FedEx or UPS. Packages and letters should be addressed using the following format:
680 W. Easterday Avenue
Sault Ste Marie MI 49783
The Campus Life and Housing Office will only deliver mail that is addressed to our students. Not addressing mail to the student who the mail is intended for will cause it to be returned to the sender.
Brady Hall is staffed by a Residence Hall Coordinator, seven Resident Advisors (RAs), and four Resident Success Coaches. The staff’s main goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern.