Welcome to Osborn Hall – the perfect home away from home for first year and upper-class students who are looking for a peaceful and inspiring environment to thrive in!
Starting Fall 2023, Osborn Hall will become the designated “quiet hall,” giving students who prefer a calm and focused atmosphere the perfect place to call their own. And the best part? Success in academics is practically guaranteed in this tranquil setting.
With 120 rooms and space for up to 233 students, Osborn is a spacious three-story residence hall that caters to both first and second year students. The hall is co-ed by hall sections, making it easy to meet new friends and create a supportive community.
And the amenities? They’re unbeatable. With a study lounge, mailboxes, two laundry rooms, and a TV lounges, Osborn has everything you need to make the most of your college experience. Plus, there are twenty-four smaller lounges located throughout the floors and hallways, providing the perfect spot to unwind and relax after a long day of classes.
And let’s not forget the history – Osborn Hall is named after Chase Osborn, the only Michigan Governor from the Upper Peninsula. It’s an inspiring reminder that anything is possible, and that with hard work and dedication, we can achieve great things.
So come and join the community at Osborn Hall – a place where you can study, grow, and succeed in a peaceful and inspiring environment. Your future awaits!
Fisheries Wildlife Management
Osborn Hall is comprised of two-person rooms which come furnished with beds, built-in closets/dressers, and desks with chairs. All mattresses are 36”x80” and require twin extra-long sheets.
Room Dimensions: (approximately)
- Osborn Hall Small-side: 10ft 8in x 14ft 8in (ceilings 8ft high)
- Osborn Hall Large-side: 10ft 8in x 14ft 8in (ceilings 8ft high)
The Housing Office does its best to provide you with information about your current or future room. However, these room dimensions are approximately the size listed above.
- Alcohol is only permitted for persons 21 years of age or older.
- All residence halls are tobacco free.
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among residents within their own hall.
- 24-hour visitation is permitted among nonresident guests within a limited length of stay of three (3) nights with approval from roommate(s).
- Nonresident guests must be escorted at all times.
- Quiet Hours and Exterior Lock Up:
- Sunday – Thursday: 10 pm to 10 am
- Friday and Saturday: Midnight to 10 am
- All of small side and rooms 111 to 135 on large-side are designated as quiet halls. 24-hour quiet hours are in effect for these two areas.
Hall Mailing Address
Packages can be shipped through the U.S. Postal Service, FedEx or UPS. Packages and letters should be addressed using the following format:
Osborn Hall #______
680 W. Easterday Avenue
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
The Campus Life and Housing Office will only deliver mail that is addressed to our students. Not addressing mail to the student who the mail is intended for will cause it to be returned to the sender.
Osborn Hall is staffed by a Residence Hall Coordinator, seven Resident Advisors (RAs). The staff’s main goals are to provide the residents with valuable information, create a positive community through educational programming, maintain a safe and high-quality living environment and serve as a resource whenever a student has a question or concern.