The U.S. Department of Homeland Security requires Lake Superior State University to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all employees via Form I-9. All employees refers to all faculty, adjunct, staff, temporary and student employees who perform labor or services in return for wages or other remuneration.
- All new employees and current employees with an incomplete or invalid Form I-9 will receive an email from Human Resources with detailed instructions for updating their Form I-9.
- On or before your first day of employment, complete the employee verification and information section through employee my.LSSU See below for detailed steps.
1. Access My.LSSU online at lssu-login
2. Select the Human Resources card and click Forms then click I-9.
3. Read the I-9 Instructions for Employees prior to completing the Form I-9.
4. Complete and print Form I-9 for Human Resources
3. Within three business days of your first day of employment, bring your original, unexpired documents to Human Resources for verification. For details about accepted documents, see the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Accepted Documents.
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Ensure that the employee completes the above responsibilities on or before his or her first day of employment.
- The Form I-9 process is triggered by appointment form entry. Appointments must be received by Human Resources at least five business days prior to the employment begin date for all employees.
- All new faculty, staff, temporary and student employees will receive an email from Human Resources with instructions for Form I-9 completion.
- Rehired employees may already have a Form I-9 on file in Human Resources. To verify, please contact Human Resources with the employee’s name, date of birth, and last four digits of Social Security number. You may send this information to .
- Employees whose work location is outside of Chippewa county may be subject to an alternative procedure for employment eligibility verification. Please contact Human Resources for details at 906-635-2213.
Please contact Human Resources or email .