Members of the informal study group,The Breakfast Club.
Zinio (150 downloadable magazine titles)
A service of the KJS Library and the Bayliss Public Library
Zinio is a product offering access to approximately 150 popular or current interest magazines. It was purchased through the combined resources of the Bayliss Public Library and the KJS Library. It takes a number of steps to set up your account, but will let you use an electronic device to read any of one hundred and fifty magazines. Through Zinio, you will use your computer or other device to download the magazine so you can read it at your leisure.
Since it is a joint venuture, there are a few more steps to follow to use this product, than if it were simply an LSSU tool. First, you need to have a Bayliss Public Library card. Bayliss will issue a card to anyone with a current LSSU id. With the id, you can use their collection, which includes lots more entertainment reading, videos, audio books, and children's materials than we offer (among other differences). They are open Tuesday through Saturday, and are closed on Sunday and Monday. Check their site for their hours. You'll need your Bayliss Public Library card's barcode number to create a Zinio account, and you'll need to register through the Superiorland Library Cooperative.
Setting up your Zinio Accounts
- Get a Bayliss Library card and have it available when you are ready to create your Zinio accounts.
- Go to this site, and click on Create New Account in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Type your barcode in the box and click on the Next button. Follow the directions for creating your account. Make note of your userid and password, they need to be the same for this account and your device's account.
- Once you have created the account, you can start "shopping" for magazines. On this page, since you've already logged in as a Superiorland Library Cooperative member, you see magazines that are free for you to read.
- Look through the magazines and click on one that looks interesting. A new window will appear. Click on Complete Checkout, and that magazine will be yours to read. If you intend to use your computer to read the magazines, you won't need to worry about another account.
- If you wish to use a device such as an iPad, iPhone, or Android device to read the magazines, you'll need to download the Zinio app and create an account through the app. Make sure you use the same userid and password you did when you registered with Zinio and it should all work. If it doesn't, contact Beth (x2651) or Ruth (x2124).