Welcome Parents of Current Students
- Academic Calendar
- Ask a Question
- Campus Security
- Campus Technology
- Contact Information
- Parents FAQ
- Student Life Questions
For Your Student...
Thank you for your interest in your child's college life. A supportive family is the fastest ticket to graduation. We know that student enrollment keeps the University alive, but the success of the students relies chiefly on the services awarded to them and the support they receive from family, friends and University staff. This page is designed to offer you easy access to portions of the web site that may be of particular interest, and also to help guide you through the services and facilities that are available at Lake Superior State University.
To help you and your student prepare:
- Programs, Policies and Prodcedures: Get to know Lake State
- Letting Go: Tips for parents on the transition from High School to College
- Books and Guides: You are not alone, helpful resources
- The "I Wish I Had Known" List: Tips from students and parents
- Money Issues: Prepare yourself and your child for the new responsibilities of money management
- Parent FAQS: General and specific questions/answered here
- FERPA: What is it and why do I need to know about it?
- Laker Terminology 101: What is a Laker? Unique LSSU words and phrases are defined here
- Meningitis: What is it?
- Contact Information: The important contact information you may need
- Ask a Question: Use this form to ask us a question