In an effort to ensure everyone have a voice in what characteristics are important in LSSU's next President, eight focus groups were held with a designated session allotted for each stakeholder group associated with Lake Superior State University.
From the focus groups, the search firm has compiled a priority listing of skills desired in a new president, including requirements for the position and areas of emphasis. The input of campus and community members is of vital importance to the search committee as the members begin to outline an image of the ideal presidential candidates for LSSU.
Eight focus groups are held with a designated session allotted for each stakeholder group associated with Lake State
The following institutional priorities were identified as critical by these groups
- Recruitment, enrollment and retention
- Revenue growth/Financial stability
- Competitive salaries/Improved morale/Value employees
- Heighten visibility/Improve messaging and branding/Enhance website for prospective and current students and staff
The following core capabilities were identified as critically important for the next president to bring to the position:
- Administrative experience
- Advancement experience
- Student experience