- Dr. Tony McClain confirms his decision to retire no later than the end of the next academic year (2013-14). He communicated that decision to the Board of Trustees at the November 2012 Board meeting.
- The Trustees appointed a three person committee with the responsibility of appointing a full community search committee.
- The committee is constituted and given their charge which is to manage the process to recruit and recommend finalist(s) for appointment as President of LSSU by the Board of Trustees.
- Request for proposals are issued for potential search firm partners to assist with the president’s search.
- Proposal reviews are conducted and completed; two firms are invited to campus for a day long campus based interview.
- After extensive discussion, the committee selected EFL Associates, a Kansas City based executive search firm with a practice specializing in Higher Education. The consultant, Jan Asnicar, will work directly with the search committee throughout the process. She brings experience as a faculty member and administrator and six years of experience as a search consultant.
- Eight focus groups are held with a designated session allotted for each stakeholder group associated with Lake State.
- The search committee met and discussed the Position Profile.
- LSSU communications staff is participating in the development of a final document.
- Search launch is scheduled for August.
- EFL Associates begins active advertising and recruiting.
- Committee will review applications and begin the interview process.
- Finalists will be selected and invited to the LSSU Campus.
- The Committee will make a candidate recommendation to the Board of Trustees.
- Board of Trustees will select the eighth President of LSSU.