Students study science while experiencing life aboard a sailing vessel in a summer course aboard the Inland Seas sponsored by LSSU.
Key Activities from Previous Semesters
- In the News: Academic Restructuring and Easing Earning a 2-Year Degree
- Academic Affairs, and the expansion of the Provost Council
- Accreditation Review Team Newsletter - June 2015
- One Rate at Lake State - in-state tuition for all residents of North America.
- The Wisconsin Bridge Program - a program to directly relate credit from any UW College toward LSSU graduation.
- Tall Ships Excursions - Sail the Great Lakes
- BIOL106 June 22-26
- NSCI116 July 26-30
- Renovations lead to new home for the Lukenda School of Business in Considine Hall
- LSSU Commencement Activities May 2, 2015
- Honors Breakfast - by invitation
- Procession (students enter stadium) at 11:00 am
- Live streaming of the event on http://lssu.edu
- Spring Academic Calendar events
- Applications for faculty teaching positions with the Experience Scotland program for either fall 2016, spring 2017, or summer 2017 are now available! Please find the application linked below, and also on the Experience Scotland website. All application materials will be due to the LSSU Provost office on Monday, March 30, 2015 for delivery to the Experience Scotland program by April 6. - Application (pdf)
- 2015 Michigan Distinguished Professor of the Year Recognition
- Monday Aug 18 New Faculty Orientation
- Tuesday Aug 19 University Convocation (all faculty/staff)
- Wednesday Aug 20 Freshman Move-In & final Orientation
- Thursday Aug 21 Testing and Development Day (1:00-5:00 pm)
- Friday Aug 22 Lakerpalooza
- New Faculty Orientation
- Fall Academic Calendar events
- COMMENCEMENT 2014
- And the PCSUM Distinguished Professor of the Year Award goes to....
- Dr. Ashley Moerke, was selected to receive a 2014 Distinguished Professor of the Year award, an award sponsored by the Presidents Council, State Universities of Michigan. This is the eighth year that the Academic Affairs Officers have honored faculty who teach and work with undergraduate students. The Academic Affairs Officers (all Provosts in the State) will host a luncheon on Friday, April 11 at the Radisson Hotel in downtown Lansing. At the luncheon, Ashley will receive a generous cash award and plaque denoting the honor. Please congratulate Ashley!
- LSSU Distinguished Teaching Nominations
- LSSU Excellence in Advising Nominations
- Spring 2014 Commencement news and information
- Program Review
- Program Review
- 2014 Michigan Professor of the Year Award
- Award Criteria - nominations are due to the Provost by December 20, 2013
- President's Council of the State Universities of Michigan
- LSSU 2011 Recipient: Dr. Paul Kelso
- Fall Calendar Events (Go to the LSSU calendar)
- Monday, October 14 - Mid-Semester Break - no classes
- Tuesday, October 15 - Classes resume, on this day only classes will be following a Monday schedule.
- Assemblies and Activities Schedule Fall 2013
- Monday, August 19 -New Faculty Orientation
- Tuesday, August 20 - University Convocation
- Wednesday, August 21 - Freshman Move-In Day
- Thursday, August 22 - Faculty/Staff Development Day
- Dr. Jason Garvon - OCAAT Session 1
- Dr. Jason Garvon - OCAAT Session 2
- Prof. Barb Light - Flipped Classroom
- Dr. Britt Ranson Olson - iClickers
- Al Case - Admissions Session 1
- Al Case - Admissions Session 2
- Assistant Prof. Jaimee Gerrie - Shared Governance
- Associate Prof. Deb McPherson - Navigating Education Session 3
- Associate Prof. Deb McPherson - Navigating Education Session 4
- Friday, August 23 - Lakerpalooza
- June 17 Second 6-week courses begin - Go to the LSSU calendar
- June 4-7 Campus visits of the Michigan Department of Education Committee of Scholars (COS) Team, and the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC) Team, each reviewing aspects of the university's teacher preparation programs. The TEAC process, leading to national accreditation of our education program, includes a "call for comment" in the form of a survey - All members of the community are invited to participate.
Spring 2013 Activities
- Final Report from the Digital Photo-Assessment Project - and cross-walk alignment to the Strategic Plan. This project surveyed 10% of all students, faculty and staff to identify good/bad areas of the university. Each contribution is aligned to the Critical Outcomes of the University Strategic Plan.
- Monitoring Reports submitted to HLC and posted with the accreditation update
- Comparison of Tenure and Promotion Processes
- 7th Annual State of Michigan Distinguished Professor of the Year Award
- Award Notification - Submit nominations to the Provost's Office by January 7, 2013.
- KCP Future Faculty Fellowships applications were due December 7, 2012
- EUP Educator's Conference August 29
- 2012 Assemblies and Activities Schedule