There are Three LSSU Study Abroad Scholarship Opportunities for Students Studying Abroad During the Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter Semesters:
The following scholarships are open for students participating in a sponsored LSSU Study Abroad experience. Sponsoring trips include the LSSU faculty-led programs, the LSSU Scotland Experience, the MSU Japan Center program, ISA, CCIS or CIEE programs.
To qualify, the student must be accepted into an LSSU sponsored program, have completed 26 or more LSSU credits and meet the cumulative GPA requirement for the scholarship they are applying for. The student must agree to complete a video student profile describing their study abroad experience and sign a press release to allow the posting of the video on future publications for LSSU.
To apply, the student must write an essay describing what the study abroad experience means to their future career plans. The essays must be submitted to the Study Abroad Office for consideration and will be reviewed by a committee of at least two faculty or staff members.
Eugene Chang International Studies Scholarship
Daniel T. Dorrity Study Abroad Scholarship
Edeltraute Vialpando Memorial Scholarship
All Scholarships must be accompanied by the Scholarship request form below:
- Must submit an essay (maximum 250 words) describing what the study abroad experience means to their future academic and career plans
- Must be a student enrolled in an LSSU approved study abroad experience
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 for all three LSSU scholarships
- Must be of at least sophomore status (26+) credits
- Financial need is a consideration
- This is a non-renewable scholarship, but past recipients may apply
- Must agree to complete a student profile through video, blog, or other media describing their study abroad experience and sign a press release to allow posting on future LSSU publications.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain a good academic standing and be in compliance with all policies as listed in the current Student Conduct Code.
Please Submit your essay to the Study Abroad Office, KJS Library Office 208.
Study Abroad Office LSSU
Library, Office 208