There are Two Study Abroad Scholarship Opportunities for Students Studying Abroad During the Summer and Fall Semesters, 2018:
Please submit your Scholarship Applications to the Study Abroad Office, KJS Library Office 220, no later than April 15, 2018
Eugene Chang International Studies Scholarship
The following scholarship is open for students participating in a sponsored LSSU Study Abroad experience for 2018. Sponsored trips include the faculty-led programs, the LSSU Scotland Experience, the MSU Japan Center program, ISA, CCIS or CIEE programs.
To qualify, the student must be accepted into an LSSU sponsored program and have a cum. GPA of 3.0 or higher from 26 or more LSSU credits. The student must agree to complete a video student profile describing their study abroad experience and sign a press release to allow the posting of the video on future publications for LSSU.
To apply, the student must write an essay describing what the study abroad experience means to their future career plans. The essays must be submitted to the Study Abroad Office no later than April 15, 2018 for consideration. Essays will be reviewed by a committee of at least two faculty or staff members.
Award three at $300 (total $900)
*For the faculty-led Belize program for spring 2018
Award one at $500
Award one at $600
Daniel T. Dorrity Study Abroad Scholarship:
- Must submit an essay (maximum 250 words) describing what the study abroad experience means to their future academic and career plans
- Must be a student enrolled in a LSSU approved study abroad experience
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be of at least sophomore status
- Financial need is a consideration
- This is a non-renewable scholarship, but past recipients may apply
- Must agree to complete a student profile through video, blog, or other media describing their study abroad experience and sign a press release to allow posting on future LSSU publications.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain a good academic standing and be in compliance with all policies as listed in the current Student Conduct Code.
Please Submit your essay to the Study Abroad Office, KJS Library Office, 220, no later than April 15, 2018
Award one for $1000
KJS Library, Office 220