For Credit, Faculty-led
May 9 - June 17, 2016
LSSU’s intensive course offerings in China may be the perfect cultural, business and language learning solution for those looking for an immersive and holistic international learning experience.
Shaoxing University was originally founded in 1909 as the Shankuai Primary Normal School and enrolls 13,000 under- graduate students today.
The University is located in Shaoxing, one of the famous historical cities in China. With a history of thousands of years, the region is renowned for the abundant of cul- tural relics. Numerous accomplished schol- ars or figures were born or lived here such as Yu the Great in the far ancient China and the famous writer Lu Xun in modern times.
You will participate in a challenging weekly course schedule that can provide you with up to 14 course credits for your current major at LSSU.
Applications for the program are due by Feb. 1, 2016. To apply, submit the completed application form (pdf) to the Study Abroad Office with the $25 application fee.
Courses (14 credits):
- INTB 420 International Business - 3 cr.
- INTD 320 International Experience - 3 cr.
- CHIN 151 & CHIN 152 Chinese
Total Program Fee: $3,400 (USD), plus $25 (USD) application fee, covering the following:
- LSSU tuition for 14 credits
- Round-trip airfare between Sault Ste. Marie area and China and visa
- Travel insurance
- Tour program fees
- On-site transportation
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2016 (with $25 non-refundable application fee)
- First Payment Due: March 1, 2016 - $1,400 (non-refundable airfare, subject to change)
- Final Payment Due: May 6, 2013 - $2,000
NOTE: Please note checks should be made payable to: Lake Superior State University
- $25 (USD) non-refundable application fee
- HTH Study Abroad Health Insurance
- Passport fees
For more information or to apply, please contact Dr. Ralf Wilhelms at email@example.com or (906) 635-2108, or stop by Library 317, Lake Superior State University, 650 W. Easterday Ave. Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783.