How To Register for Orientation:
Online: The enrollment fee may be paid online through the Bill & Payment Suite (Deposit Tab) located within My.LSSU > Anchor
Pay with Check or Money Order: Payment can also be made by Check or Money Order (US funds) payable "LSSU". Please include student name, LSSU ID and the words "Enrollment Fee" in the memo area.
Tuition, Room/Board & Fees:
More information can be found here.
Orientation is required for all new students (freshman, transfers and non-traditional) attending our Sault Ste. Marie campus during the spring, summer or fall semesters.
Admission to LSSU must be complete to register for and attend orientation. A reservation confirmation will be emailed automatically to your LSSU email account when you complete the online reservation form.
Please preview the following tutorials prior to orientation. These will help you log into My.LSSU.edu, access your LSSU email and how to navigate Anchor Access to accept your financial aid, pay your fee statement and register for classes.
Financial Aid - Click here for an instructional video on accepting and declining financial aid through Anchor Access.
Business Operations - Click here for an instructional video on navigating the Bill and Payment Suite and accessing information on taxes and holds through Anchor Access.
Save the Date!
|Summer 2017||Time||Type of Program|
Friday, May 12
Saturday, May 13
|Friday, June 9||8:30 a.m.||Freshman|
|Thursday, June 29||8:30 a.m.||Freshman|
|Thursday, July 13||10:30 a.m.||Transfer Only|
|Friday, July 14||8:30 a.m.||Freshman|
Orientation is a full-day of planned events, starting with check-in and continuing until approximately 5 p.m. Requests for early departures can not be accommodated; be prepared to reschedule your orientation date should unforeseen circumstances arise.
*You may want to bring a sweater or sweatshirt as some of the rooms/buildings you are in do get chilly. Even better, stop by our Barnes and Noble at LSSU (order online) and purchase a new sweatshirt to help keep you warm and show your Laker Pride.
- Learn important policies and procedures that will help you succeed in your academic career.
- Learn about the numerous university services that are available to you as an LSSU student.
- Register for fall semester courses.
- Have your picture taken and receive your Laker ID card.
- Register your vehicle and receive your parking permit (if applicable).
- Summer Classes Begin Monday, May 8
- Fall Semester tuition is due Tuesday, August 15
- Fall Classes Begin Monday, August 28
- Additional important dates
- Academic representatives will assist you in planning and registering for fall or spring semester courses.
- Course placement in English, reading, and mathematics is determined by your highest ACT/SAT scores, unless you have transfer credits for these content areas. You may challenge your course placement one time by taking LSSU's placement exams.
- It is important to complete all exams prior to orientation.