Intramural activities offer the opportunity for participants to compete against their peers in a friendly and structured environment, through a variety of team and individual sports.
What are intramural activities?
The Intramural Program at the Lake Superior State University is designed to provide an opportunity for every student to participate in organized recreational competition.
Structured leagues and tournaments are offered in a diverse array of activities from flag football and basketball to ultimate frisbee and dodgeball.
So satisfy your urge to play! Register at imleauges.com.
Why Should I Participate?
Getting involved in intramural activities at LSSU is a great way for students, staff and faculty to meet new people, stay in shape and have fun.
Intramural activities emphasizes participation and fun in a competitive environment.
Top 10 Reasons why to play intramurals?
10. Way to get involved on campus
9. Anyone can play
8. Learn a new sport
7. Play the game you love
6. It’s co-ed
5. Break from School
4. Stay in shape
3. Meet new people
2. Championship t-shirts
1. Bragging rights
League Registration Dates
Fall Season 1
- Registration: Monday, August 20-Friday, August 31 at 5:00pm
- Leagues Start: Tuesday, September 4
- Championship Week: October 9-October 15
Fall Season 2
- Registration: Tuesday, October 1 – Friday, October 19 at 5:00pm
- Leagues Start: Monday, October 22
- Championship Week: December 3-December 6
- Registration: Monday, August 20th – Friday, September 7 at 5:00pm
- Leagues Start: Sunday, September 9
- Championship: Sunday, December 2
Spring Season 1
- Registration: Friday, December 7- Friday, January 11 at 5:00pm
- Leagues Start: Monday, January 14
- Championship Week: February 18-February 21
Spring Season 2
- Registration: Friday, February 22 – Friday, March 8 at 5:00pm
- Leagues Start: Monday, March 11
- Championship Week: April 15-April 18
- Registration: Friday, December 7- Friday, January 18 at 5:00pm
- Leagues Start: Sunday, January 20
- Championship: Sunday, March 24
- The intramural rules have been designed to encourage participation by the majority of students while at the same time discouraging individuals and teams from gaining an unfair advantage. At all times that spirit of intramurals–maximum participation and enjoyment; not winning at any cost–must be kept in mind when interpreting the intramural rules
- Current LSSU students (as defined in the Student Handbook), LSSU faculty and staff are eligible to participate in intramural competition at no cost.
- Community and Alumni over the age of 18 are eligible to participate in intramural activities but must pay a registration fee.
- No player may participate on more than one team in the same sport. The team on which an individual first plays will be considered their team for that sport.
- Varsity athletes in season, in organized practice, or in training may not participate in the parallel intramural sport.
- Varsity letter winners at LSSU or any other four year college or university are ineligible to participate in the sport or associated sport in which that earned their letter for a period of two years following their last collegiate season.
- Professional athletes are permanently ineligible in the sport or associated sport which they are considered “professional.”
- It is the responsibility of the intramural team captains to check the eligibility of their players and to protest the eligibility of players on other teams they believe may be in violation of intramural eligibility rules.
- In the event of possibilities not covered in the above rules or any eligibility questions, the Intramural Coordinator will determine eligibility on the principle of whether or not the athlete gains a significant advantage because of their coaching and/or training.
LSSU Student/Faculty/Staff Registration
The Intramural Program uses IMLeagues.com to manage online registration and scheduling. IMLeagues.com is a website specifically designed for college intramural departments and contains many features such as customizable team pages, message boards, and much more.
All intramural participants will be required to create an account on IMLeagues.com.
If you experience any technical difficulties with IMLeagues.com, please contact their support team. You can message, call or use their live chat.
How to create an Imleagues.com account:
- Go to http://www.imleagues.com.
- Click on the “Create Account” link.
- Find “Lake Superior State University” under ‘Register at School“
- Enter your information. You must use your school email address @lssu.edu.
- Complete human verification box and agree to ‘Terms and Conditions. Click ‘ Sign-up’.
- You will be sent a confirmation email. Click on the link in the email to activate your IMLeagues account.
- The Lake Superior State University should appear. Click on “Join School.”
- Choose “Status” from drop-down menu and click on “Join School“.
- Success! Click “View School” and your IMLeagues.com account will be open.
The Intramural Sports Program offers two different types of leagues, team and individual. Policies and procedures vary between a team league and an individual league and are defined below.
To sign up for an individual league on imleagues.com: (i.e. Tennis, Table Tennis, and Billiards)
- Go to imleagues.com and log in to your IMLeagues.com account
- Click on the “Lake Superior State University” link at the top.
- The current leagues will be displayed in the middle of the screen. Click on the individual league you wish to participate in.
- Under the ‘Register/Signup’ drop-down menu, click on the “Signup“.
- Read the Intramural Wavier and check the box if you understand the waiver and agree to the terms outlined.
- Your team name will default as your first initial and last name. This cannot be changed.
- Enter your student ID number. A team logo or photo may be uploaded, but must be appropriate.
- Make sure your phone number is inputted and is correct. All participants are encouraged to sign up for text message alerts. Text message alerts will be used for schedule changes & cancellation notification ONLY!
- Click ‘Create Team’.
- Success! You are signed up for an individual league!
- Individuals do not need complete the captain’s training for individual leagues.
To sign up for a team league on imleagues.com: (i.e. Competitive and Recreational Volleyball, Ultimate Frisbee, Basketball, Flag Football, Dodgeball, Broomball, and Soccer)
- Log in to your imleagues.com account
- Click on the “Lake Superior State University” link.
- The current leagues will be displayed in the middle of the screen.
- Click on the team league.
You can sign up to play in a team league* in one of the following ways:
- Create a team and register as a Team Captain
- Under the ‘Register/Signup’ drop-down menu, click on the “Create Team” button.
- Select the appropriate division by clicking “Choose This Division“.
- Read the Intramural Wavier and check the box if you understand the waiver and agree to the terms.
- Enter your team name will default. Enter your student ID number. A team logo
- may be uploaded. Both your team name and team logo must be appropriate.
- Choose “Yes” or “No” under the Auto Accept Members setting. Auto accepting members means that anyone may join your team without your approval.
- Choose “Yes” or “No” under the Looking for Free Agents setting. If you need additional team members, this is a great way to communicate with others that you are looking for more players.
- Make sure your phone number is inputted and is correct. All participants are
- encouraged to sign up for text message alerts. Text message alerts will be used for schedule changes & cancellation notification ONLY!
- Click ‘Create Team’.
- Invite members to join your team in the following ways:
- If a student has already registered on imleagues.com: click the “Invite Players” link on the team page, search for their name, and invite them
- If the student has not yet registered on imleagues.com: click the “Invite Players” link on the team page, and then input the students’ email address and send a message or send an invite via Facebook.
- Join a team
- Find the team and captain’s name on division/league page and click “Join Team“. Your request must be “confirmed” by the captain before you are officially on the roster or
- Accept an invite from a captain to join his/her team. You receive an email and a notification on imleagues.com of the pending invitation. You will be on the team roster once you have accepted the invitation.
To be eligible to play, individuals must appear on the team’s roster. Roster additions can be made up to 24 hours prior to game time. Teams may add players to their rosters up to the last regular season game. Upon the start of a competition, the Rec Sports staff will check all rosters to ensure eligibility.
How do I invite members to my team?
Captains may invite members to their team in two ways:
- imleagues: click the “invite members” link on the team page, search for their name, and invite them.
- If the student has not yet registered on IMLeagues: click the “invite members” link on the team page, then click the “can’t find someone” click here to invite by email address” link, and input the students’ email address.
**Your team will not be accepted into league until a minimum number of males and females have registered and a team represtative has attended the mandatory captains meeting.**
Community and LSSU Alumni are now invited to participate in intramural leagues.
Participation fee: $25 per player
Turn in completed registration form, waivers, and payment in at the Guest Information Desk located in the Norris Events Center. All waivers and payment must be submitted with registration form for registration to be accepted. A new registration and waiver(s) must be completed for each new activity.
Gender Identity Policy
All events are classified as Open, Coed, Women’s, or Men’s. Individuals shall be permitted to participate in Intramural events (leagues, tournaments and one-time special events) in accordance with that person’s asserted gender identity.