Welcome to Orientation
How To Register for Orientation:
Registration is now closed. If you need to attend orientation, please come as a walk-in on Wednesday, August 26th in the Arts Center at 12:30 p.m.
A reservation confirmation will be emailed automatically to your LSSU email account
when you complete the online reservation form.
The last program for fall semester is Wednesday, August 26!
Online: The enrollment/orientation fee may be
paid online through the Bill & Payment Suite
located within My.LSSU > Anchor
Both U.S. bank account transfers and credit
card (Visa / MasterCard / Discover / American
Express) are accepted.
Please note: The Enrollment Fee is
non-refundable after May 1, 2015.
Pay with Check or Money Order: Payment
can also be made by Check or Money Order
(US funds) payable "LSSU". Please include
student name, LSSU ID and the words
"Enrollment Fee" in the memo area.
Lake Superior State University
650 W. Easterday Ave.
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783 USA
Tuition, Room/Board & Fees:
More information can be found here.
In addition to the standard fees listed here, your charges may also include fees for special courses, vehicle registrations, etc., not shown. View all student fees.
Congratulations to our Survey winners!
Parent/Guest-Maureen, Harbor Springs
Parent/Guest-Alison, Freeport, IL
Orientation is required for all new students (freshman, transfers and non-traditional) attending our
Sault Ste. Marie
during the spring, summer or fall semesters. The Laker Experience is available online and will be mailed to you upon acceptance to LSSU. This guide will answer many of your questions and help you register online for orientation.
Admission to LSSU must be complete to register for and
attend orientation. A reservation
confirmation will be
emailed automatically to your LSSU email account
complete the online reservation form.
Need help logging into your LSSU email? Check out the YouTube video below.
One final orientation will be offered on Wednesday, August 26 for students wishing to attend LSSU during the fall semester 2015.
CONSTRUCTION NOTE: Please plan for delays and detours due to road construction on the Mackinac Bridge.
||During orientation you will:
- Learn important policies and procedures that will help you succeed in your academic career.
- Learn about the numerous university services that are available to you as an LSSU student.
- Register for spring semester courses.
- Have your picture taken and receive your Laker ID card.
- Register your vehicle and receive your parking permit (if applicable).
- Fall Semester Tuition Due: August 15, 2015
- Academic representatives will assist you in planning and registering for fall or spring semester courses.
- Course placement in English, reading, and mathematics is determined by your highest ACT/SAT scores,
unless you have transfer credits for these content areas. You may challenge your course placement one time by taking LSSU's placement exams.
- Cross-reference your ACT/SAT scores to the LSSU placement chart or use the placement calculator to determine course placement.
- It is important to complete all exams prior to orientation.
Exam date/time for spring orientation is the day of Orientation. Seating is limited and advanced
registration is required. To take placement exams, please contact Testing Services to schedule an appointment.
Sign up for placement exams if ...
- You want to challenge your course placement.
- You do not have ACT/SAT scores, COMPASS® scores* or transfer credit in these content areas.
*LSSU uses the COMPASS® testing instrument for placement exams.
Carol Boger, Director of Testing Services