LSSU Mission Statement
We equip our graduates with the knowledge, practical skills and inner strength to craft a life of meaningful employment, personal fulfillment, and generosity of self, all while enhancing the quality of life of the Upper Great Lakes region.
LSSU Vision Statement
We capitalize on our unique location and mission as a regional state university to be a model for educational innovation and a preferred partner for U.S. and Canadian community and tribal colleges.
LSSU Core Values:
• Excellence in Teaching and Learning: Teaching is our first priority and focuses on providing student/faculty interaction, learning, and research in current, relevant programs.
• Opportunity: Students have a wide range of opportunities to grow academically, professionally, culturally and socially. Opportunities are provided via work-study assignments, student organizations, internships, community outreach and leadership.
• Diversity: Students experience a campus community environment that is inclusive and welcoming.
• Ethics and Values: The university promotes an environment which values freedom of expression, the pursuit of truth, honesty, openness, and courteous behavior where everyone is treated with respect.
• Stewardship: LSSU provides a framework in which to leave the university and region financially and environmentally sound for future generations of LSSU students, alumni, and friends.
Approved by the Board of Trustees, November 3, 2017.