As a student living on campus at Lake Superior State University, you’ll have the opportunity to be a part of something truly special: a community where you can live, learn, and thrive. The Housing & Residential team is dedicated to creating an environment where students feel a sense of belonging, where they can grow as individuals, and where they can feel safe and supported.
Imagine waking up each morning in a place that feels like home. A place where you’ll make lifelong friends, where you’ll have access to endless opportunities for personal growth, and where you’ll feel like you truly belong. But don’t wait, the time to apply for housing is now. The date we receive your application and payment determines your priority, and private or low-occupancy rooms are in high demand.
As you embark on this journey, you’ll be supported every step of the way by our dedicated team. We’ll be there to help you navigate the ups and downs of college life, and to make sure that your time at Lake Superior State University is truly unforgettable. But don’t just take our word for it, come and see for yourself. Apply for housing today and take the first step towards a life-changing experience.
Residence Hall Coordinator- Student Engagement
Residence Hall Coordinator of Student Success
Special Clerk III-Housing
University Housing and Residence Life Mission
To create a welcoming and inclusive living environment that promotes personal growth, academic success, and a sense of community for all students at Lake Superior State University.
- Creating a welcoming and inclusive living environment involves making sure that all students feel safe, respected, and valued in their housing and residence life communities. This could include programming and events that promote diversity and inclusivity, as well as providing resources and support for marginalized groups of students.
- Promoting personal growth goes beyond just providing a roof overhead. The housing and residence life staff should strive to create opportunities for students to develop life skills, such as time management and communication, through workshops, mentoring programs, and other resources.
- Academic success is closely tied to the living environment. The housing and residence life staff should work to create spaces and resources that are conducive to studying and learning, such as quiet study areas and academic support programs.
- Creating a sense of community is essential for students’ overall well-being. This could include things like floor programs, hall councils, and other opportunities for students to get to know one another and build connections. Additionally, the staff should work to foster a sense of belonging and connection to the university as a whole.
- All students should be included and served, this mission statement is inclusive for all students regardless of their backgrounds, beliefs, or needs.
Office Coordinator Campus Life
Director of Housing and Diversity Officer
Residential hall programing is designed to foster a sense of community and connection among students. All residential hall programs have emphases on community development. Through programming and events, students are encouraged to engage in activities that promote personal and social growth. From recreational activities, to educational workshops and cultural events, students have the opportunity to explore their interests and passions in a supportive and inclusive environment. Overall, the Residential hall program at Lake Superior State University is about more than just providing a place to live. It’s about building a community of support and resources to help students achieve academic success and personal growth.
Benefits to Living On Campus
- Convenience: Living on campus means you will be close to your classes, the library, and other campus resources, making it easy to access everything you need.
- Sense of Community: Living on campus allows you to be a part of a community of students who are all experiencing the same thing. You will have the opportunity to make new friends, join clubs and organizations, and participate in events and activities.
- Safety: Living on campus means you will be in a secure and safe environment, with staff and security personnel available to assist you 24/7.
- Support: Living on campus means you will have access to support services such as Resident Assistants and Residence Hall Directors, who are there to help you with any questions or concerns you may have.
- Personal Growth: Living on campus allows you to gain independence and responsibility, and to develop life skills such as time management and budgeting.
Explore your on-campus housing options.
Get ready to make unforgettable memories, lifelong friendships, and excel academically when you stay on campus at Lake Superior State University! With our diverse range of housing options, you’re sure to find the perfect community that fits your lifestyle and helps you thrive.
Whether you’re looking for the classic college experience in a traditional dorm, the privacy and convenience of a suite-style unit, the space and amenities of an apartment, the cozy feel of a townhouse, or the ultimate college pad in a whole house, we’ve got you covered.
Living on campus means you’re just steps away from all the action, including exciting events, social activities, and top-notch resources to help you succeed. You’ll be surrounded by like-minded peers who are just as passionate and driven as you are, making it easy to form lifelong connections and create memories that will last a lifetime.
And when it comes to academics, there’s no better place to be than on campus. With access to libraries, study lounges, and other academic resources, you’ll have everything you need to excel in your classes and reach your full potential.
So what are you waiting for? Click on the image to explore your options and find the perfect University Housing for you. Get ready to embrace the energy, motivation, and excitement of campus life at Lake Superior State University!