Spirit of Travel Regulations
All University travelers seeking reimbursement should incur the lowest reasonable travel expense and should exercise care to avoid impropriety or the appearance of impropriety, including the public perception that a business trip has been taken for personal reasons. If a circumstance arises that is not specifically covered, either the most conservative course within the “spirit” of the travel regulations shall be adopted or consultation for guidance with the Vice President for Finance and Operations should be pursued.
2021 Mileage Reimbursement
The mileage reimbursement has decreased from 57.5 cents to 56 cents per mile effective January 1, 2021.
Federal Travel Resources
- US Department of State Travel Alerts and Warnings
- US Department of State Passport and Visa Information
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA) List of Prohibited and Permitted Items
Forms & Documents
- Quick Guide for University Travelers
- Travel Advance Request
- Travel Authorization Form
- 2021 Travel Expense Voucher (Jan 1 Mileage Update)
When submitting an employee travel expense voucher, receipts are required for all expenses (except per-diem and bridge toll). Receipts smaller than 8.5″ x 11.0″ should be affixed with tape to one or more sheets of letter-size paper and attached to the employee travel reimbursement voucher. All receipts should be identified and organized in such a manner that they can be readily reconciled with the expenses listed on the accompanying voucher.