LSSU Theatre is a small but mighty Theatre program. We offer a minor and a variety of engaging, fun, and challenging courses that push our students to grow and live outside of their comfort zones! You will have opportunities to participate in many different aspects of theatrical productions, from on-stage performance to behind-the-scenes design to technical production.
Each semester we stage at least one production. Past performances include: Good Kids by Naomi Izuka, Waiting for Lefty by Clifford Odets, Silent Sky by Lauren Gunderson, The Wolves by Sarah DeLappe, and many, many more!
Theatre Minor Requirements
Total Credits Required: 24
- THEA112 Acting for Beginners 3
- THEA212 Improvisational Acting 3
- THEA251 Theatre History 3
- THEA309 Survey of Great Playwrights 3
- THEA312 Acting Shakespeare 3
- THEA333 Play Analysis 3
- THEA412 Acting Studio 3
Required Practicum (3 credits):
- THEA162 Practicum-Acting in Practice 1
- THEA163 Practicum-Production Team 1
- THEA164 Practicum-Healthcare Simulation 1
Thomas Meacham, Assistant Professor, received his PhD from City University of New York-Graduate Center.
Adam St. John, Assistant Professor, received his MFA in Acting from Indiana University.