Congratulations and Welcome to Lake Superior State University!
You’ve completed the first step in your journey to becoming a Laker. With many new and exciting events still to come prior to your start of classes on campus, this page is designed provide students that have been admitted to LSSU with the information you need to have a successful transition to LSSU. So before you begin classes this fall, let’s start with the what needs to be done over the spring and summer:
- Log into Anchor Access at http://my.lssu.edu. This is now your campus e-mail address! Check back often as this is how university staff and faculty will connect with you before you arrive on campus. Your username and initial pin are located in your Acceptance Letter.
- Plan a Campus Visit if you haven’t already. While on campus you’ll receive a guided tour by a current student, meet with a faculty member from your desired major, enjoy a complimentary lunch or dinner at our Quarterdeck dining hall, and receive complimentary tickets to an athletic event. When registering for your visit, be sure to indicate your area of academic interest so that we can set up a meeting between you and a faculty member.
- Complete and submit your FAFSA form. Beginning October 1, students admitted for the fall semester can begin completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, and must submit it by March 1. You can access information and submit the form online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Review your Financial Aid package. If you are offered a scholarship from LSSU, remember to accept your award by May 1st to secure your scholarship. If you file a FAFSA and receive an Official Offer of Financial Aid, be sure to accept your award promptly. You can accept your award either by: 1) signing and returning your award letter or by 2) accepting your award through Anchor Access. You can speak directly to a Financial Aid Representative by calling (906)635-2231 or email your questions to:
- Register for Housing. Housing packets are sent to admitted students beginning in December and about 1-2 weeks after Admission to students applying after December. Complete and return your form as early as possible to receive priority housing based on your preferences.
- Register for an Orientation Session. Orientation registration information will be mailed in late February. Remember: The earlier you attend orientation, the more choices you’ll have for your first semester classes!
- Apply to the Honors Program if eligible. Students with at least a Composite ACT score of 27 and high school G.P.A. of 3.0 are invited to apply to LSSU’s Honors Program. There will be an opportunity to apply at Orientation, but you can apply early online. The earlier you apply, the more likely you are to qualify to reside in Honors housing.
- Attend Orientation!
- Meet with an academic representative and register for classes.
- Attend the Resource Fair and connect with a student group before you even start classes!
- Spend the day getting to know your new classmates and LSSU’s campus.
- Move in, have fun, and take part in Laker Week activities! Faculty, staff, and current students will be on hand to help you unload the car, carry your stuff, and even decorate your dorm room if you choose! Laker Week is a huge part of your transition to LSSU and includes academic and social activities to help you with a smooth transition into the campus community.
- Full tuition opportunity! Compete for the Phil Hart Scholarship. Deadline for submission of all application materials is March 1.
- Financial Aid Office
- Housing and Campus Life
- Testing Services
- AP / CLEP / IB Credits
- Registrar’s Office
- Veteran’s Benefits
- Campus Calendar
- Academic Calendar
- Barnes & Noble at Lake Superior State University
Director of Marketing Communications, Webmaster and Web Accessibility Coordinator
Brown Hall 25A
Director of Library/Academic Services and Web Accessibility Coordinator
Accessibility Services Coordinator