Lake Superior State University alumni.
Officer Westrick (Class of 2006)
Grand Rapids police officer officer Aaron Westrick, class of 2006, is credited with saving the life of a gunshot victim in a September 2016 incident. Coverage of the sentencing credits both Westrick and Lee for their work in administering CPR and first aid in the incident. MLive report, and PDF. Officer Westrick is shown in picture below.
LSSU Graduates in Grand Rapids Area
Our graduates are now working all across the state, including those shown below at East Grand Rapids Public Safety, Wyoming PD, Kentwood PD, Kalamazoo Public Safety, and the US Marshall’s Service. We would enjoy sharing the success of other alumni – send us your pictures!
It is the mission of the criminal justice program faculty and staff to provide an atmosphere where active learning may occur, to provide students with the highest quality educational experience, to continue to support the “professional model” as currently utilized, to become appropriate role models for students, to support the educational program by acquiring the appropriate equipment and supplies, to fulfill the advising role, and to assess the academic outcomes of the program.
For information on the Criminal Justice program please call the School of Criminal Justice (906) 635-2384, or write to . We look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Provide students with a broad-based, liberal education.
- Provide students with the skills necessary to perform as twenty-first century criminal justice practitioners.
- Assist students with their development of a set of professional ethics.
- Assist students in the development of their critical thinking skills.
- Assist students with the development of their writing skills.
- Provide an educational atmosphere where active learning may occur.
- Encourage life long learning.
- Assess the educational outcomes of the program.
CONTACT THE SCHOOL OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
We’d love to hear from you – please call or write: or (906) 635-2384