Room Reservations Policy
The LSSU Library has a variety of rooms available for use, some of which can be reserved for group study. Every effort is made to provide comfortable space that enhances and contributes to the best possible learning opportunities for our students.
General Guidelines for all Rooms
- Equipment problems should be reported to circulation desk staff.
- Respect for those studying and conducting research in the library should be observed at all times. To minimize noise disruption, the meeting room doors should be closed if media is being used, and the volume kept at a level that will not disturb others outside the room. Please observe the sound zone guidelines posted in the various regions of the library so that all users can find areas that match their sound-level needs.
- The Library is not responsible for any items left unattended. All individuals are urged to keep laptops, purses, book bags, and other valuables in their direct supervision at all times.
- Please leave the room in as good or better condition than when you arrived.
Library Conference Rooms
The library has three conference rooms available by reservation: the Marine Room (362), the Philip Hart Conference Room (334), and the Whitefish Bay Video-conference Room (150). These rooms are not to be used as substitute seminar or classrooms.
- Room keys are held at the Circulation Desk and are checked out using a valid LSSU ID card. The room will not be checked out if you have outstanding library fines of $5.00 or more (check your library account here).
- Student reservations may only be reserved up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Reservations can be made for a maximum of 4 hours per day. If your party consists of less than three people, you may be asked to use a different room at the library’s discretion (to accommodate the needs of larger groups).
- Groups may not reserve more than 3 days of rooms in a week and are limited to one reservation per day.
- Reservations will be held for 30 minutes after start time. If a reserved room is vacant for more than 30 minutes, the room reservation will be cancelled and will be opened up for use on a first come, first serve basis.
- Priority is given to university use.
- Conference rooms cannot be reserved by community members during the week before or week of final exams.
Questions about Library room reservations may be directed to , or by phone 906-635-2815.
Group Study Rooms
- The library has eight study rooms for 1-2 people (rooms 136-141, 338, and 339) and five group study rooms able to accommodate 2-4 people (130-135, and 142).
- Rooms are available on a first come, first served basis.
Computer Lab Guidelines
- Computer labs may be reserved by faculty or staff only.
- LBR 114 may be used for regularly scheduled classes, which are scheduled through the Registrar 906-635-2682.
- Students may not reserve computer labs.
- Labs are open to all registered students when not reserved.
- Equipment problems should be reported to the Circulation Desk at 906-635-2815.
Library Learning Commons Area
This area is available for special events or speakers. All arrangements must be made with the Library Director or designee.
Library Art Gallery
The LSSU Library Art Gallery’s purpose is to provide holistic enhancement to library programming and to engage the campus community with quality art exhibits. Library Art Gallery displays are an integral part of library programming and will be selected accordingly.
Requests for gallery time will be accepted through April 30th for the following academic year. Requests must be submitted through the Library Art Gallery Space Request form.
The gallery committee will finalize the calendar for the following academic year by July 30th. Changes to the calendar will be made at the discretion of the committee.
LSSU Library/Learning Commons Room Rentals
|Room||Maximum Capacity||Per hour rental||4 Hour Rental||8 Hour Rental|
|Ashmun Bay Videoconference Room (LBR 132)||3||$50.00||–||–|
|Back Bay Videoconference Room (LBR 130)||3||$50.00||–||–|
|CETAL (LBR 245)||–||$100.00||$200.00|
|*Fish Bowl Computer Lab|
24 workstations (LBR 211)
|Hart Room (LBR 334)||8||–||$100.00||$200.00|
|*Learning Commons East (windows)||–||$100.00||$200.00|
|*Learning Commons West|
|Marine Room (LBR 362)||16||–||$100.00||$200.00|
|Michigan Room (LBR 329)||–||$100.00||$200.00|
|Mosquito Bay Videoconference Room (LBR 131)||3||$50.00||–||–|
|Study Room (LBR 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 338, 339, 340)||2-5||$25.00||–||–|
|Upper Falls Computer Lab|
28 workstations (LBR 333)
|Whitefish Bay Videoconference Room (LBR 150)||12||–||$100.00||$200.00|
*This room/area is not available for rental during the Academic Year
Affiliated University faculty/staff/students for University business will not be charged
Set-up/tear-down will be part of the rental hours
Staff charges $25/hour which will be assessed per event during non-business hours
All fees are due at time of rental
Cleaning will be the responsibility of the Contact Person
LSSU is not liable for any unforeseen occurrences
Please contact the library (906-635-2815 or ) if you would like to arrange the rental of one of our rooms or spaces.