Our Learning Commons is an open, welcoming space that offers students a variety of resources and spaces to serve their needs. While we have quiet study areas on our 1st and 3rd floors, the main floor of the library supports students working and studying together. You’ll also often find a variety of events scheduled in the Commons, from guest speakers to writing or art workshops.
Our whiteboard wall is a great place for large or small groups to study together; we provide the markers and you provide the thoughts/ideas/brainstorming/notes, etc!
The LSSU Library has a number of computer labs to serve students and faculty needs:
- Learning Commons Lab: This open lab on the main floor of the library features 31 Windows desktop workstations and a networked copier/scanner/printer; access is first-come, first-serve, and the lab is open during regular library hours. Members of the public can request a public login at the Circulation Desk.
- Fish Bowl (LBR211): Just inside the library’s main entrance, this lab features 24 workstations, a networked printer and projector and screen. This lab is generally open to students; we may occasionally schedule classes or instruction sessions in this lab and will note so on the lab door and on the calendar below.
- LBR 333: This lab on the 3rd floor of the library has 28 workstations, two screens, two projectors, and a podium where faculty can connect their laptop. This lab is generally open to students; we may occasionally schedule classes or instruction sessions in this lab and will note so on the lab door and on the calendar below.
Computer Use Policies
- Users in the Library computer labs are expected to adhere to the LSSU Information Technology Policy and the Library Computer Use Policy.
- Printing in the library labs is free for students, staff and faculty; members of the public can print 10 cents per page (black & white, per side).
- Headsets with microphones are not to used in the library’s computer labs except for academic purposes.
View Library Computer Labs Calendar (visible to LSSU users only)
You need to be logged in to your LSSU Google account to view the Library’s lab calendars.