Business data scientists gather and interpret information to solve complex business problems. The field is far-reaching, but the core purpose is to collect and interpret data sets to uncover important insights used to improve decision-making that drives organizational success.
The business analytics concentration in the data science program prepares students to gain foundational domain expertise in business, leading to careers such as data analysts, data architects, data scientists and information officers in business organizations.
Students acquire knowledge in accounting, statistics, economics, and marketing. The concentration gives students the opportunity to specialize in an area of interest to prepare them for today’s job requirements and careers: managerial economics, environmental economics, insurance, operations management, or marketing research. During their senior year, students choose BUSN 466 Business Policy or an employment internship in business analytics.
- ACTG 132 Principles of Accounting I 4
- ACTG 133 Principles of Accounting II 4
- BUSN 121 Introduction to Business 3
- BUSN 211 Business Statistics 3
- ECON 202 Principles of Microeconomics 3
- MRKT 281 Marketing Principles and Strategy 3
- MRKT 381 Consumer Behavior 3
Choose of the following specializations:
- ECON 302 Managerial Economics 4
- ECON 307 Environmental Economics 3
- FINC 443 Insurance 4
- MGMT 371 Operations/Business Analytics 3
- MRKT 480 Marketing Research 4
Choose one of the following Capstone projects:
- BUSN 466 Business Policy 3
- Internship 3