2012 - 2013 Incoming Freshman Scholarships (In-State)
Scholarship criteria is reviewed each year and subject to change. Scholarships are described here as awarded for 2012-13.
Eligibility is automatically evaluated by the Financial Aid Office for all students admitted by March 1st for the following academic year.
All recipients in this section are selected by the Financial Aid Committee and may choose any degree curriculum offered by the University. Students must be U.S. citizens and current graduates of an accredited Michigan high school.
Scholarships are awarded based on a point scale that is approved annually by the Financial Aid Committee. Fifty percent weight is given to the overall high school GPA and 50 percent is based on the highest ACT composite score received by March 1.
All renewable scholarships are based on the recipient meeting the University’s scholarship renewal criteria.
Laker Gold Scholarship
- Value: Full tuition up to 17 credits per semester, inclusive of other LSSU awards, renewable. Up to three scholarships will be awarded each year through the Laker Gold Competition.
- Criteria: must meet Board of Trustees Distinguished Scholarship criteria, must have applied for admission no later than December 1st of senior year of high school, must be invited to attend annual competition and respond by invitation due date.
Board of Trustees Distinguished Scholarship
- Value: up to $8,000 per year ($5,000 + $3,000 if Room & Board)— renewable
- Criteria: merit based; Michigan resident; minimum points 186 (example: 3.80 GPA and 28 ACT)
Board of Trustees Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Value: up to $5,000 per year ($3,000 + $2,000 if Room & Board)— renewable
- Criteria: merit based; Michigan resident; 161.5-185.99 points (example: 3.50 GPA and 24 ACT)
Board of Trustees Academic Recognition Scholarship
- Value: up to $3,000 per year ($2,000 + $1,000 if Room & Board)— renewable
- Criteria: merit based; Michigan resident; 137.5-161.49 points (example: 3.30 GPA and 21 ACT)