Michigan Competitive Scholarship
This state scholarship ranges from $100-$1,300.
To apply, applicants must:
- Have been a continuous resident of Michigan for a 12-month period before July 1 of the award year.
- Be a Michigan high school graduate.
- Have a qualifying American College Test (ACT) sum score of 90 or higher.
- File a FAFSA by March 1st and demonstrate financial need.
- Eligible students must be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credits each semester to receive the fund.
Students can add up to 10 schools on the FAFSA. Because Student Scholarships and Grants (SSG) does not know which college the student will select, the award is based on the first college listed. The student is responsible for notifying SSG of a change of address or college choice by logging into the MiSSG Student Portal.
In order to renew the scholarship each year, students must be in good academic standing with at least a 2.0 GPA and must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements. High school seniors must take the ACT by December of their senior year.
For more information, visit the Michigan Competitive Website.