Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
Students who are first-time borrowers of a Federal Direct Loan at LSSU are required to complete mandatory loan counseling prior to receiving loan funds.
You may complete the entrance counseling tutorial at https://studentaid.gov/. (Note: Do not select the Grad/PLUS session.)
Steps to complete Entrance Counseling:
1. Go to https://studentaid.gov/.
2.Log in with your FSA username and password
3. Click on I’m in School drop down menu.
4. Click on Complete Entrance Counseling
5. Click Start
6. Select School Information and click Continue.
7. Read through the information in order to answer the questions.
8. Once completed, the indicated school(s) will receive confirmation of completion.
NOTE: You may also need to complete and sign an electronic Master Promissory Note at https://studentaid.gov/ before disbursement.