Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
If this is your first Federal Direct Student Loan, you must complete and sign an electronic “Master Promissory Note” (MPN) at https://studentaid.gov/ before your loan can disburse. Your FSA ID is required to sign in. If you do not have a FSA ID yet, you can create one here. An FSA ID gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and can serve as your legal signature.
Steps to complete a MPN:
- Go to https://studentaid.gov/
- Click on I’m in School drop down
- Click on Loan Agreement (Master Promissory Note)
- Click on Start for MPN for Subsidized/Unsubsidized loans.
- Complete the four steps and click submit.
Please allow 7 – 10 days for the processing of the MPN to be viewable on your Anchor Access account.
NOTE: You will also need to complete Entrance Counseling at https://studentaid.gov/ before disbursement.
If you have any questions, please contact us by phone at 906-635-2678 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.