Fostering Futures Scholarship
There is a new scholarship opportunity for youth who have experiences foster care in the state of Michigan.
This scholarship offers foster youth funds for tuition, fees, room/board, books, and supplies/equipment required for enrollment.
- Student must have been in foster care on or after their 13th birthday
- There is no upper age limit. Student can receive funding at any age.
- Student must be an undergraduate, attending a Michigan public or private 4-year college/university or a community college at last part-time.
- Student must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards as set by the institution.
- Funding amounts vary based on need and any other financial aid the student is receiving
- This funding can be used along with ETV.
The maximum amount is $3,000 per year but must be for a specific unmet need for the following: Tuition, fees, room, board, books, supplies and
equipment required for enrollment.
For more information on the application process and deadlines, check here.
The application is a fillable form that may be completed online. Sign and date your completed application, keep a copy for yourself, and then submit the application to the address or fax number located on the bottom of the application.
Questions may be directed to Student Scholarships and Grants at or call toll-free at 1-888-4-GRANTS (888-447-2687)
Contact the Fostering Futures Scholarship program, Student Scholarships and Grants, toll free at 1-888-4-GRANTS (1-888-447-2687), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax 517-241-5835.