2012 - 2013 Incoming Freshmen (Out-of-State and Foreign)
Scholarship criteria is reviewed each year and subject to change. Scholarships are described here as awarded for 2012-13.
Eligibility is determined by the Financial Aid Office for all students admitted by March 1st for the following academic year.
All recipients in this section are selected by the Financial Aid Committee and may choose any degree curriculum offered by the University. Students must be current graduates of high schools outside of Michigan and Ontario.
All renewable scholarships are based on the recipient meeting the University’s scholarship renewal criteria.
Board of Trustees’ Laker USA Scholarship
- Value: the difference between out-of-state and in-state tuition— renewable
- Criteria: merit based; U.S. students scoring 24 or higher ACT or 3.0 GPA, or who graduate in the top 20% of their graduating class
- Note: this scholarship may be combined with other LSSU scholarships.
Board of Trustees United States and Foreign Distinguished Scholarship
- Value: up to $4,000 per year ($2,000 + $2,000 if Room & Board)— renewable
- Criteria: merit based; minimum 3.7 GPA and 28 ACT
Board of Trustees United States and Foreign Academic Scholarship
- Value: up to $3,000 per year ($2,000 + $1,000 if Room & Board)— renewable
- Criteria: merit based; minimum 3.5 GPA and 25 ACT