A strong program in a demanding field
The fire service is now demanding more academic preparation from the people employed in this field. A bachelors degree allows our graduates to enter many areas of the fire service and also prepares them for promotion to higher ranks within fire science.
Examples of projects which have been done recently include:
- Site plans for hazardous materials sites
- Emergency planning for school districts
- Development of fire education planning
- Statistical analysis of fire and emergency medical runs to better serve the community & determine where fire stations should be located
"Lake Superior’s Fire Science program prepares students through a variety of ways:
1) Broad outlook with liberal education to help foster personal development, mental growth, and a life-long learning.
2) Program taught by faculty currently working in fire & emergency response, and who have real-world experience.
3) Program combines challenging academics, hands-on approach, valuable co-operatives, and career preparation through personal growth and a world outlook, to prepare students for life after graduation."
Fire Science Graduate
Our Students are Prepared!