The paramedic program at Lake Superior State University is an outstanding program which allows the students to obtain both a strong academic degree as well as hands-on emergency medicine training. There is an associate degree in paramedic technology, a certificate program in paramedic training and a minor in paramedic technology.
This program is designed to allow students to obtain their paramedic certification. Students can be certified as an Emergency Medical Technician – Basic after the first year with little or no previous training; and as a Paramedic at the end of the second year. Graduates will be eligible to challenge state and/or national licensure examination for both EMT-Basic and paramedic license.
The Paramedic Program:
- Provide students with a broad-based, liberal education.
- Provide students with the skills necessary to perform as 21st century emergency medicine practitioners.
- Assist students with their development of a set of professional ethics.
- Assist students in the development of their critical thinking skills.
- Assist students with the development of their writing skills.
- Provide an educational atmosphere where active learning may occur.
- Assess the educational outcomes of the program.
- Associate Degree Paramedic Technology
- Certificate in Paramedic Training
- Minor in Paramedic Technology
National licensure for EMT-Basic and Paramedic