Where can I find my Grade-Point-Average (GPA)?
The Student View at the top of the degree audit displays the Overall LSSU GPA (courses at LSSU only). The remaining blocks display the GPA for the courses listed in the individual blocks. For example, the major GPA is a calculated GPA based on coursework used to fulfill major requirements. This GPA will appear within the major block requirements of the degree audit.
What is the GPA Calc Tab?
This tab is located at the top of the audit and includes three GPA calculator options (described below): Graduation Calculator, Term Calculator and Advice Calculator.
What does the Graduation Calculator Show?
The Graduation Calculator option on the GPA Calc tab will show you what average is needed in your remaining credits to graduate with a desired GPA.
What does the Term Calculator Show?
The Term Calculator option on the GPA Calc tab will show your current LSSU GPA, completed credits and courses in-progress. By selecting the expected grade from the drop down boxes for each in-progress course and clicking Calculate, a new projected cumulative GPA will display.
What does the Advice Calculator show?
The Advice Calculator option on the GPA Calc tab will show your current cumulative GPA and credits earned. You can enter your desired GPA and click Calculate. Advice will display outlining the credits and grades needed to achieve the desired GPA.
What If Information
What is the What-If feature?
This feature allows you to create a hypothetical degree audit for a different major using current academic history. You can use this option if you are considering changing your major and would like to view how completed courses apply to a different major. What-If audits do not guarantee that you will be able to major in the area selected. If you decide to change your major, this feature does not officially change your major. To officially change your major, you must complete a Major Change Request form.
How do I use the What-If feature?
Follow these steps to view how courses count in a different major:
- Click on the What-if button on the left side of the degree audit
- Select a degree (major) from the drop down menu
- Select the future semester that you would be starting this degree
- Select the major – will display in the chosen areas of study box
- Select Minor if appropriate
- Select Concentration if Required for new major
- Click Process What If to run the degree audit or click Save As PDF if you would like to be able to print the PDF version of the what-if
- Review how your existing courses would be applied to this new major
- Discuss this new major with your academic advisor
Can my academic advisor see my What-If scenario?
No, since What-If scenarios are not stored in My Degree Plan, academic advisors can only see the results of a What-if degree audit if you print a copy.