Escanaba Regional Center
LSSU Regional Center Mission Statement
LSSU's Regional Centers are committed to excellence in serving the educational needs of the local communities by providing opportunities for intellectual, personal, and professional growth to area residents.
Earn your Lake Superior State University Bachelor's Degree at Bay College!
Delivering Academic Excellence Close to You!
LSSU offers a student-oriented approach to higher education. Our small class size, experienced faculty and the
ability to pursue your educational dreams close to home are what the LSSU regional centers are all about. We are
here for you - our students.
We are proud of the high-quality instruction we provide and of the personal attention that has always been a hallmark
of the Lake Superior State University experience.
For assistance in planning your educational goals, stop by our office in Escanaba or schedule an appointment when
the Regional Center Director is in Iron Mountain. We can help answer your academic questions in areas of
admissions requirements, scholarship/financial aid, counseling, course selection and registration for classes.
Forms and Brochures (pdf documents)
Degree Completion Programs Available (pdf files):
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Arts/Science:
Where do I start?
First, contact Heidi Baumgartner, your LSSU Regional Center Director, as she will be able to help you with your application, course selection, and any other questions you may have.
LSSU - Escanaba Regional Center
University Center, Office 924
2001 N. Lincoln Road
Escanaba, MI 49829
- A degree right here: You can finish your degree without traveling to LSSU's main campus. The
courses for a degree are offered here in Escanaba and/or Iron Mountain at Bay College. Please consult with
the Regional Center Director regarding any main campus class requirements.
- When to start: You can begin your bachelor degree if you have earned 64 credits or an associate degree. It's recommended that you first complete an associate degree and obtain the MACRAO stamp.
- Completing your degree: If you have an associate degree, you can typically earn a bachelor degree in two or three years by taking two classes per semester (including summers).
- Classes the fit your Schedule: Our classes are offered on week nights or weekends. We also have tape-delayed DVD, Interactive TV and on-line classes. A typical night class meets from 6-9 p.m. for 15 weeks. The weekend classes usually meet five weekends (Fri. & Sat.) throughout the semester.
- Faculty: Our faculty have a masters degree or Ph.D. in their field. Their classroom and career experience, enhance program instruction. Both full-time LSSU faculty and adjunct professors provide high-quality education to our students.
- Personal Attention: Our director at the LSSU Escanaba Regional Center is available to assist
educational planning, scheduling, obtaining resources and other issues. We make it easy for you to earn
your degree from a Lake Superior State University regional center!
- Academic Resources: Through our website, students can access LSSU's library card catalog and obtain books via intercampus loan through Bay College's Learning Resource Center.
- Scholarships: LSSU offers full and part-time scholarships to students who have a Michigan community college associate's degree and a GPA of 3.3 or better. Financial aid and direct loans are available.
- Disability Services: are arranged through the regional center staff, who can assist with providing extended testing time, proctoring in alternative locations, obtaining alternative format for textbooks and exams. Disability Services serves as the facilitator among students, faculty , and regional center.
- Library Services: check out our library webpage at http://www.lssu.edu/library/ and click on Regional Centers for information on off-campus services for our students.
- my.lssu.edu: is available for sutdents to access e-mail, set up a calendar, register for classes, check grades, and much more!
- Textbooks: are available from the Barnes & Noble at Lake Superior State University bookstore. Call (906) 635-2645 or order online at http://lssu.bkstore.com/