This LSSU Web page will report any possible emergency situations taking place on campus.
If an emergency situation is taking place, you will be informed here as to what procedures to take.
Information regarding emergency situations will also be available at:
- Campus Emergency Notification text alerts*: Sign up by sending the text LSSU to 888777 or online by clicking Campus Alert Notification System
- LSSU home page (www.lssu.edu)
- LSSU Public Safety home page (https://www.lssu.edu/public-safety)
- Your LSSU e-mail address
- The electronic display boards in several LSSU facilities
- In some situations, area media outlets will be notified to make announcements on LSSU’s behalf.
If you know of a possible or definite emergency situation that is not being reported on this page, contact LSSU Public Safety dialing 9-911 or (906) 635-2100. You will be asked to provide your name and location as well as a description of the emergency situation.
Remember that falsely reporting a crime or emergency is illegal.
*Campus Text Alerts Information
The Nixle Community Information Service allows LSSU to create and publish messages that will be delivered in a timely manner. Messages may also be accessed online through Nixle’s website.
By entering your mobile number, you certify that A) you are the account holder, or B) have account holder’s permission to do so. You will receive a single opt in welcome message. Reply YES to continue to receive SMS text messages. You may opt out at any point by sending STOP to 888777 . Send HELP to 888777 for information. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency depends on account settings.
Supported carriers are AT&T, Sprint, Nextel, Verizon Wireless, U.S. Cellular, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, Cellular One Dobson, Cincinnati Bell, Alltel, Virgin Mobile USA, Cellular South, Unicel, Centennial, Ntelos. Contact customer support at .