Lake Superior State University is one of the most affordable public universities in Michigan. The University is committed to keeping costs as low as possible, providing an excellent education at an affordable price.
When comparing costs with other universities, LSSU offers a flat tuition rate for those taking 12 to 17 credits. This means you can take 17 credit hours for the price of 12, a savings of over $4,330 per year, and over $17,320 in four years!*
- Payment Options
- How to Make a Payment
- Excess Aid Refunds
- Late Registration Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Bill and Payment Suite Instructions
*based on 2015-2016 tuition and fees
The following costs are for the 2015-2016 academic year and are based on full-time (a minimum of 12 credit hours for undergraduate) attendance for each semester. All costs are subject to change.Your charges may also include fees for special courses, vehicle registrations, etc., not shown.
To view the cost of attendance figures used by the Financial Aid Office to calculate your financial aid budget, please click here.
Schedule of tuition and fees
Effective Fall 2015 - Summer 2016
|Group||Per Semester||Per Credit Hour|
|LSSU "One Rate" Tuition*- Undergraduate (12-17 credits)||$5,196.00||$433.00|
|International Tuition- Undergraduate (12-17 credits)||$7,800.00||$650.00|
* Charged to residents of North America
Room and Board
|Private room in 2 or 3 bedroom apartment or, Semi-private one bedroom apartment||$5,722.00||$5,368.00||$11,090.00|
*All options listed include meal plan and $45.00 environmental fee.
Additional fees include:
- $125 Athletic Fee - The athletic fee is a one-time fee charged to all new, undergraduate, degree-seeking students (excluding teacher education interns, students with an internship/practicum off-campus, dual enrolled students and Regional Center and other distance education students). The fee is assessed once and permits access to all regular session athletic events based on space available for up to six years as long as the student is enrolled.
- $60 Student Activity/Media Fee - The SAM fee was requested by the student government and approved by the Board of Trustees to support student government, student activities, the student radio station, and the student newspaper. The Student Activity/Media Fee is a flat fee assessed on all enrolled students except those registered for internship classes, for classes at a Regional Center, or dually enrolled high school students.
In addition to the standard fees listed here, your charges may also include fees for special courses, vehicle registrations, etc., not shown. View all student fees.