Ensuring the Safety of the LSSU Community
The overall health and safety of the students of Lake Superior State University is the main concern of the Public Safety Department. This department works closely with the Campus Life Office, as well as the Title IX Office, to ensure the safety of students, faculty, staff and visitors.
The Lake Superior State University Campus Public Safety Department is located on the first floor of the Administration Building on the campus of LSSU. Public Safety Officers are on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. The department is staffed by full-time officers and student officers. The department is responsible for the following:
- Patrolling campus and responding to requests for service
- Responding to all emergencies on campus
- Emergency response planning, training and exercises
- Parking and Traffic Control
- Lost & found
- Emergency first aid
- Storage and registration of all weapons brought on campus
- 24 Hour escort
The campus phone system is a part of an enhanced emergency system. The system provides the Public Safety Department with the exact location of all calls made to the department from campus. This allows for quick and effective service to the campus community.
- Emergency Response Summary
- Campus Alert Notification System
- Annual Security and Fire Report 2018
- How to Respond: Active Shooter
- Fire Evacuation Procedures
- Phone: 1-906-635-2100
- Office Hours: 24 Hours
- Location: Administration Building
Stay informed, register with our Campus Alert Notification System
Lake Superior State University is committed to making reasonable accommodations related to its facilities, programs, or services for qualifying students, staff, faculty, and campus guests with disabilities as required by applicable laws. If any programming or activity is scheduled in an inaccessible space, requests for relocation shall be made to the Human Resources office at 906-635-2213, if possible, 48 hrs prior to the event.