“For each academic year of this Agreement the University shall grant a total of up to (3) semesters of sabbatical leave at full pay.” (Faculty Agreement effective 7/15/22-6/30/27, Section 14.4.1)
Dr. Derek Wright
- Development and Application fo Microanalysis and Chemical Imaging to Research and Instruction in the Biological, Forensic, Materials, Earth, and Environmental Sciences
- Wright Sabbatical Abstract
Dr. Brit Ranson-Olson
- Gaining Expertise in Advanced DNA Methods for New and Exciting Molecular Explorations at LSSU
- Ranson Olson Sabbatical Abstract
Dr. Jun Li
- Expending LSSU’s Instruction and Research Capabilities by Using Zebrafish Model
- Li Sabbatical Abstract
Dr. Barbara Evans
- Advancing Student Centered Science at LSSU: Structured Labs, Experiential Learning, adn Professional Opportunities
- Evans Sabbatical Abstract
Dr. H. Russell Searight
- Multiple Scholarly Projects: Two Books and Eight Jornal Articles
- Searight Sabbatical Abstract, Searight Sabbatical Leave Report
Dr. Paul Kelso
- How does the Earth work? Developing 3D geophysical models of the early Earth. Science education research and application: scientific uncertainity, digital field data, and 3D modeling
- Kelso Sabbatical Abstract, Kelso Sabbatical Leave Report
Dr. Jason Garvon
Given COVID, Dr. Christopher Smith chose to defer his sabbatical to 2021-2022.
- Intelligent Robotic Systems for Reducing the Cost and Ecological Impacts of Agriculture
- Smith Sabbatical Abstract, Smith Sabbatical Leave Report
Dr. R. Adam Mosey
- NMR-Guided Reactivity Studies for New Reaction Methodology Development and Structure Activity Relationship Studies for the Development of Potent Proteasome Modulators
- Mosey Proposal, Mosey Sabbatical Leave Report
Dr. George Voutsadakis
- Research Collaboration on Abstract Algebraic Logic and Explorations on Coalgebraic Methods in Computational Synthetic Biology
- Voutsadakis Proposal, Voutsadakis Sabbatical Leave Report
Sabbatical awards were deferred to 2019-2020
Dr. Alexei Iretski
- Expanding National and International Research Collaboration on Design and Study of Novel Transition Metal Containing Catalysts for Small Molecules Activation
- Iretski Proposal, Iretski – 2018 Sabbatical Leave Report
Dr. James Schaefer
- A Kaleidoscope of Masculinity: Cultural Patterns of Manliness in the Great Lakes Region, 1600-1800
- Schaefer Proposal, Schaefer – Sabbatical Leave Report 2018
Dr. Britton Ranson-Olson
Dr. Paige Gordier
- Capital Murder Trials 1850-1900
Gordier Proposal and Gordier Report.
Jason Garvon, Ph.D.
- Keeping Pace with the Field: Learning DNA Extraction, PCR and Sequence Analysis
Garvon Proposal and Garvon Report.
- Presentations: Student co-author posters: Peters, Flannigan, Kane. The Science of Evolution, Garvon. Entomological Society of Ontario – October 2016. Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizen Advisory Council (EUPCAC) April 2016.
- Publications: Blood Parasites of Blue-winged Teal from Two Migratory Corridors in the Southern US. Journal of Wildlife Diseases 52,3,2016.
Jun Li, Ph.D.
- Study of Fish Infectious Diseases and Immunity in the Great Lakes: Enhancing the Research Ability of LSSU’s Fish Disease Laboratory
Li Proposal and Li Report
Chad Barbour, Ph.D.
- “White Blood Turns Red”: The Frontier, Playing Indian, and American Culture
Barbour Proposal and Barbour Report
Ashley Moerke, Ph.D.
- Understanding Aquatic Ecosystem Linkages in the Great Lakes Basin: Enhancing LSSU’s Research Capacity and Collaboration
Moerke proposal and Moerke report
- Summary: Professor Berchem’s application for sabbatical is based on her desire to pursue advanced education in her professional field of Nursing
- Berchem proposal and Berchem report
Jason Swedene, Ph.D.
- Summary: Dr. Swedene will study perspectives on childhood and children from the 8th century BCE through the 18th century neoclassical period
- Swedene proposal and Swedene report
- Summary: Professor Zinser’s proposed sabbatical project will attempt to explain the determinants of American Muslim’s intentions to use retail Islamic banking and financial services in the United States
- Zinser proposal and Zinser report
Dennis Merkel, Ph.D.
- Summary: Researching correspondence between J.O. Veatch & the Bureau of Soils: Investigation of the soil profile method as a paradigm shift.
- Merkel Proposal, Merkel Report and Merkel Addendum on Podology
Aaron Westrick, Ph.D.
- Summary: Fourth Amendment Seizures: The Processes of Investigating Police Force Incidents – A (book) guide for evaluating law enforcement use-of-force.
- Westrick proposal and Westrick Report
Greg Zimmerman, Ph.D.
- Summary: Dr. Zimmerman’s sabbatical follows on research he has been doing over the past few years in the area of using local weedy grasses for pellet fuels for heating
- Zimmerman proposal and Zimmerman report
Paul Kelso, Ph.D.
- Summary: An EarthScope project to study deformation and magmatic modification, Western Idaho – Eastern Oregon and Localization of deformation in lithologically heterogeneous lower crust, Arunta block, central Australia.
- Kelso Sabbatical Report
- Summary: Control and Integration of Electrical Motors for Electric Vehicle and Industrial Applications
- McDonald Sabbatical Report
James Zukowski, Ph.D.
- Summary: Relocating a Career in English: The Move from Traditional Scholarship to Creative Writing
- Zukowski Sabbatical Report
Brian Snyder, Ph.D.
- Summary: Mathematics Visualization Program (MVP) – Developing Visual Media in the Teaching and Learning of Mathematics
- Snyder Sabbatical Report
Marshall R. Werner, Ph.D.
- Summary: Expanding Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Capabilities of 60 MHz permanent magnet systems through the development of novel pulse sequences for use in an undergraduate chemistry curriculum and incorporation into a course on Molecular Spectroscopy.
- Werner Sabbatical report
David Szlag, Ph.D.
- Summary: Detection, Occurrence, and Fate of Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products released from On-Site Wastewater Systems.
- Szlag Sabbatical Report